HomeAbout MeResumeI like to read blogsEmail Me

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Band Practice, Scraplifting and Chow Mein

Every week the girls get to bring home books from the school library
Without fail Elizabeth always brings home cook books
I have tried to get her to try something new
She has tried craft books
She has tried books about animals
But cookbooks are what she loves and what she always brings home
She would love LOVE love to try every single recipe in each and every one of them
Sadly it just doesn’t happen
There just isn’t time, especially when it is after school and the grumpies set in
She will start reading them on the trip home
Salivating at each photo
Devouring each ingredient
This week she bought home 2 books
Both cook books
And the recipe she asked to make was Chow Mein
So last night, when we shopped for our home made pizzas,
We got the ingredients for chow mein
And tonight, before going to pick up Megan, we fulfilled a wish ;)

 IMG_0293com

For the last 2 days Megan has spent all day at the combined primary school band

IMAG0040

(photo from my phone, that’s Megan standing up, for the photo, in the middle in a grey top)
Long days, leaving school at 8.45am and being picked up at 5pm
Tonight we went along to watch them perform 5 of the songs they have been practicing
Practicing for their end of year performance
This was their first get together ALL together
Some of them hadn’t even played all 5 songs before
Wow they did good!
I videoed 2 of the songs but can’t get the sound to transfer from my phone
But wow they did good!!

I took part in a scrap lift challenge at Studio Calico
You had to scrap the person who was above you in the challenge forum
I chose to scrap this page of norcha, who was the person above me :)
 

DSC_0419[1]

and my page

100_2718

and some details :)

100_2721

100_2723

and the journaling, that has been stewing in my head for a while :)

100_2720


Busy day tomorrow
An excursion
AND
A roadtrip
A loooong roadtrip
Hoping it is a painfree roadtrip with my 4 girls
Time will tell :)

Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. Allison10:21 PM

    Happy road trip up to see Davey wavey....have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute that she loves cookbooks....:-)

    Love the pics and that LO is PERFECT!!!

    Hope the road trip goes well!!! Have a wonderful day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thinking you might have a future head chef in that family of yours!! LOL!!! Great photos and loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that lo!! That photo is ADORABLE! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I teach Grade 4 and I always tell my students that they have to check out three books: 1 novel, 1 non-fiction and 1 of their choice. Several of mine love cookbooks, too. My 13 year old is also a lover of cookbooks, but mostly of Japanese cooking. She is enamored with all things Japanese.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both those pages Sharmaine-the lifted and the lifter :) How wonderful for your cutie to be able to fufill that desire. I need a helper in the kitchen to!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting :)
Comments are now moderated,
due to high levels of spamming.
So your comment won't appear straight away.
I do like questions, so if you have any please ask, and I will try to reply here in the comments, via email (if you leave your email address), in a blog post or visit your blog with an answer.
I love new visitors so please don't be shy :) say hi so I can come visit your blog too :)
And Dave, if you read this, I love you ooddles and ooddles :)