HomeAbout MeResumeI like to read blogsEmail Me

Sunday, October 05, 2014

As Seen Scrapbooking Memories Magazine Vol 16 Number 11

Back at the beginning of this year
I had a surprise email from Vanessa, the editor of Scrapbooking Memories Magazine.
She asked if I would like to participate in a style swap challenge
And create a page in the style of my lovely friend Sandra.
I met Sandra last year at Escape 2 Create 
(the very best scrapbook retreat, held in Port Lincoln South Australia).
Through some emails
We decided to use some photos we had taken of us both, at the retreat,
and then the challenge was to create something whimsical and romantic,
In Sandra’s wonderful style.

IMG_1317

I blew the dust off the drawer that held my flowers
And proceeded to find my inner whimsy.
I was going to keep the page subtle but some things call for bold
And Sandra is an amazing soul that needed more bold and wonderful.
So I sprayed a cream flower with some yellow mist and stick in on my page.

IMG_1314

The yellow also mimicked the gorgeous decorations
That filled the “cropping shed” at retreat.

IMG_1318

The page was fun to create and certainly captures a moment
That I will treasure for all time.

SharmaineKruijver_SMMagazine_Clicked

Thank you, Vanessa, for the opportunity to create and share
And Sandra, thank you for being amazing.

Photobucket


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting :)
Comments are now moderated,
due to high levels of spamming.
So your comment won't appear straight away.
I do like questions, so if you have any please ask, and I will try to reply here in the comments, via email (if you leave your email address), in a blog post or visit your blog with an answer.
I love new visitors so please don't be shy :) say hi so I can come visit your blog too :)
And Dave, if you read this, I love you ooddles and ooddles :)